All Students who have been accepted by Daffodil Institute of IT (DIIT) will be bound to follow the following rules and regulations.
- All information mentioned in the ‘Admission Form' is accepted in good faith. Any false declaration in any field of the form will expel the student from DIIT.
- Change of address and contact number(s) must be informed to the management. DIIT will not be responsible for any lost mail.
- An enrolled student of DIIT is bound with the agreement that he/she will follow the course and pay the required fees in due time.
- Students unable to join/continue the course must inform the management of DIIT in a written form for future reference.
- DIIT enrolled students must attend every exam, assignment or evaluation criteria. Failing to do so, the guardian of the students may be informed forthwith.
- If any student remains absent in any exam, he/she has to pay Tk. 200/- for each exam as a fine.
- Classes will go on between Saturday-Thursday, minimum 20 hours/week. In case of special classes or on instruction of the teacher, the students have to come on Friday.
- Enrolment at DIIT does not give the confirmation that the student is also enrolled at NCC or London Metropolitan University. Lawfulness, Attendance, Performance and Tuition Status will be considered for the enrolment in such respect.
Students must follow the following rules to be allowed for the registration:
- A student must attend at least 80% classes in each module.
- A student must attend all the exams in Selection Test (i) and Selection Test (ii). If any student misses any exam of Selection Test he/she will not be eligible for the registration in any module however the result of other module(s) is.
- Pass mark of Overall Performance (OP) in a module is 40%.
- The final grade of elective modules will be calculated as follows:
Final mark is calculated as follows:
60 % of Course Work (CW) + 40% of Local Exam (LE)
- Overall Performance(OP) is calculated as follows: 20% Attendance + 15% Class Test + 15 % Assignment + 50% Selection Test
- A student must pass in both CW and LE separately.
- The grading system: Distinction : 70 – 100; Merit : 60 – 69; Pass : 40 – 59; Fail : Below 40
- For the DIIT diploma or short courses the assessment criteria is as follows:
Final Exam : 75%; Class Test : 15%; Attendance : 10%
- The grading system: A+ : 91 - 100; A : 81- 90; B+ : 71 - 80; B : 61 - 70; C+ : 51 - 60; C : 40 - 50;
F : Below 40
- Students must pay their tuition fees before the 10 th of every month. Failing to do so the student will have to pay Tk. 100/month as a fine till he/she pays the fees. If the default duration exceeds 60 days, then the student's enrolment will be cancelled from DIIT.
- The student re-enrolment fee is Tk. 5000/-. The management of DIIT will finalize the decision of re-enrolment of any particular student.
- To transfer a batch students must pay Tk. 5000/- as transfer fee.
- DIIT reserves the right to change the fees structure of any course without any prior notice.
- Late admittance will also have to pay the full course fees.
- All types of paid fees are non refundable unless mentioned ‘refundable'.
- Students must receive printed receipt with the authorized signature whenever they pay any sort of fees. DIIT will not be responsible in any case to confirm the payment of student without above mentioned things. The students should keep the receipts carefully. The receipts may be asked for any time.
- DIIT reserves the right to list the name of the defaulter students anytime, anyway and anywhere.
- Every student must collect his/her ID card within one month of enrolment. ID card will be ceased in case of the expulsion of any student.
- Students must wear the ID card within the premises.
- Distinction holders in all modules will get scholarship of Tk. 1000/month; credit holder will get Tk. 500/month for the next year course. The courses for such consideration are: IADCS, IADB, BIT and BaBS.
- Students can use the facility of the laser printer only for final project with the approval of the teacher.
- Every student must read the main notice board whenever they come in the campus.
- If management finds anyone involving in any politics or unlawful activities then he/she will be expelled from the institute.
- DIIT reserved the right to expel any student from the institute if the management thinks that the student is harmful for the institute.
- Every student is bound to follow the discipline, manners and code of conduct of DIIT. In case of any breach of any rules DIIT reserves the right to take action against the student.
- Students will have to apply in the prescribed format of DIIT in any purpose such as ‘Leave of Absence', ‘Batch Transfer' etc. The application form will be available in Accounts. Any kind of application should be submitted to the class teacher.
- If any student find or face any problem he/she should communicate with the class teacher at first regarding the problem and act according to the class teacher's instruction.
DIIT Management reserves the right to change, add or edit any of the rules as and when needed.